[LAU] Parorama T6

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Sun Feb 14 10:02:22 CET 2021

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 22:01:43 +0000
Sam Kuper <sampablokuper at posteo.net> wrote:

>On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 06:55:19PM +0000, Will Godfrey wrote:
>> I got it from ScanUK, and although I looked very carefully I didn't
>> see any mention of this. Also at the very bottom:
>>
>> System Requirements
>> • Panorama T4/T6: USB class compliant (no driver needed) works with
>> Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 or higher. Mac OS X 10.5 or higher, Linux
>> (Ubuntu)
>
>- You've tried Wine.  That didn't work.
>
>- You've considered a Windows VM, but it isn't practical for you.
>
>- You've considered help from a friend, but lockdown rules that out.
>
>So either give it as a gift to someone who would use it (but do you
>really want them to be lumbered with such a user-unfriendly device?), or
>return it.
>
>On the latter front: ScanUK has missold you the keyboard.  It is what I
>think UK consumer law characterises as "significantly not as described
>[by the seller]".
>
>So, you should be well within your consumer rights to return it to Scan
>for a full refund.  Ensure that Scan will refund your original shipping
>costs (if any), AND the cost of returning the keyboard to them.  Once
>you have confirmation of that, send the keyboard to them back using a
>tracked service, insured to the value of the keyboard, to be on the safe
>side: https://www.royalmail.com/price-finder
>
>Another advantage of returning it is that it might prompt Scan to stop
>misselling it to other people.

Hi Sam,
Thanks for the support, but it is not Scan that are at fault here. I've had
dealings with them before and In fact they would probably accept it back with a
full refund if I ask.

I originally got my info from the manufacturers website, and as per my usual
method went straight to the specification, and it is there that it says class
compatible no driver needed. Most of the rest of the fluff I just skimmed over
and, going back to it (with hindsight) there is a line buried saying the
software is uninstallable from Linux, but it is right in the middle of all the
stuff about DAW integration (which I have no interest in).
--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk