[LAU] Parorama T6

Sam Kuper sampablokuper at posteo.net
Sat Feb 13 23:01:43 CET 2021

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 06:55:19PM +0000, Will Godfrey wrote:
> I got it from ScanUK, and although I looked very carefully I didn't
> see any mention of this. Also at the very bottom:
>
> System Requirements
> • Panorama T4/T6: USB class compliant (no driver needed) works with
> Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 or higher. Mac OS X 10.5 or higher, Linux
> (Ubuntu)

- You've tried Wine.  That didn't work.

- You've considered a Windows VM, but it isn't practical for you.

- You've considered help from a friend, but lockdown rules that out.

So either give it as a gift to someone who would use it (but do you
really want them to be lumbered with such a user-unfriendly device?), or
return it.

On the latter front: ScanUK has missold you the keyboard.  It is what I
think UK consumer law characterises as "significantly not as described
[by the seller]".

So, you should be well within your consumer rights to return it to Scan
for a full refund.  Ensure that Scan will refund your original shipping
costs (if any), AND the cost of returning the keyboard to them.  Once
you have confirmation of that, send the keyboard to them back using a
tracked service, insured to the value of the keyboard, to be on the safe
side: https://www.royalmail.com/price-finder

Another advantage of returning it is that it might prompt Scan to stop
misselling it to other people.

--
A: When it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: When is top-posting a bad thing?

()  ASCII ribbon campaign. Please avoid HTML emails & proprietary
/\  file formats. (Why? See e.g. https://v.gd/jrmGbS ). Thank you.