[LAU] DAWs and licensing Was: Symphony of love illusive

Roger gurusonic at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 03:08:02 CET 2021

On 15/2/21 12:28 pm, Sam Kuper wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 08:31:30AM +1100, Roger wrote:
>> Re the upgrade incompatibility issue, proprietary software doesn't
>> have that to itself. Mixbus 5 had some features which were changed
>> enough to cause problems if you loaded the sessions in Mixbus 6 and
>> the corresponding Ardour versions were the same (thinking of the
>> inline sidechain for one). But it's possible and even encouraged to
>> keep as many versions as you like installed at once.
> I haven't used Harrison Mixbus, and I am unlikely to.

I recommend to at least try the (slightly limited) free demo. The mixer
section is unparalleled in DAW land.

Harrison often run sales and the basic version of Mixbus can sometimes
be had for maybe $49 or even less (subscribe to their email when you get
the demo to be notified of special sales).

Mixbus 32C is an advanced version which is rather more pricey but
nevertheless I don't regret buying it.