[LAU] Need some Ideas for a streaming helper ...

Brandon Hale bthaleproductions at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 19:30:04 CET 2021

You can actually turn down the gate that discord has by default. It is
under user settings (the little gear at the bottom left), and "Voice and
Video". Under input sensitivity, you can turn off automatically
determine input sensitivity and move the bar all of the way to the left.
Let me know if you need any help with this.

You can use standalone applications linked together with jack, or even
carla for mixing things together with compressors. Carla might be useful
for you as you can save everything as a preset and reload when you are
ready.

If you don't want to use carla, you could even load up Ardour and do
everything in an Ardour project to give yourself even more controls and
things to play with, but it might be too heavy for just using discord.
Just route everything to the pulseaudio input sink.

I hope this helps and reach out to me if you need any more help,

Brandon Hale