[LAU] ssr and alternatives

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Thu Feb 25 22:42:39 CET 2021

Hey hey Brandon,
Feb 25 2021, Brandon Hale has written:
> Are there any good alternatives for rendering ambisonic and wavefield
> synthesis audio files?
It's no surprise that I willmention Csound, which can do quite a bit in
the way of ambisonics. I'm sure PD (PureData) and SuperCollider (SC) can
do the same and they have good graphical interfaces.

There are also LADSPA/LV2 plugins to produce ambisonic outputs, not sure
what exactly there is. Fons has released a few plugins.

For Wavefields synthesis I only know of SWONDER, which is older than SSR
and - I think - no longer maintained, but it's been ages since I looked
at that.

Csound, PD and SC also offer many utilities for building good
soundscapes and sound design in general. Depending on what you are
looking for in the way of textures, Luigi Verona has talked about his
way of creating melodic textures, scapes and clouds. Perhaps that would
serve your purposes?

HTH.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

I'm so curious, what do you think of me <3
(Britney Spears)