[LAU] [music] Droning non linear sequencing with Yoshimi and Pure Data

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 18:42:09 CET 2021

Hi Bill,

On 11/01/21 17:53, Bill Purvis wrote:
> [...]
> I'd not experimented with PD before, and your post has got me enthused!
> Spent most of yesterday reading up on it, then finally got to try it this
> afternoon. Had some difficulties getting the right combination of
> things to
> get MIDI connected to my somewhat out-of-date version of Yoshimi, but
> got it
> working eventually. I had to go back and re-read the README.md file,
> and note
> that I had to click on the big blue toggle to get anywhere!
>
> Great stuff!

Glad you managed to try it out and eventually play with it. Yes Pd is a
really really cool software and creative/inspiring paradigm IMHO.

I was uncertain about adding comments because while they are a good
practice they tend to 'clutter' the Pd canvas a bit. Maybe next time
I'll add 'click me' at least on the relevant bangs and toggles.

BTW there's also a dedicated (and very active!) Pure Data mailing list
[1] with lots of Pd experts and even Miller, Pd's creator / maintainer /
founderĀ  ... :-)

Lorenzo