[LAU] mididings alternative for ubuntu studio 20.04 and newer?

Michael Jarosch riotsound at riotmusic.de
Wed Jan 27 15:58:19 CET 2021

Am 27.01.21 um 11:22 schrieb Gerhard Zintel:
> On 27/01/2021 01:06, Athanasios Silis wrote:
>> How have you handled this ? Is there an alternative or do you
>> reinstate python2
>> and build mididings ?
>>
> I havn't tested it but there seems to be a version patched to be used
> with
> python3 at https://github.com/rralf/mididings
>
> discussed here
> https://groups.google.com/g/mididings/c/JmHc4xk1QwE/m/PD-hJngiEgAJ
>
> You have to build it on your own though but there is help within the
> thread.
Reading the homepage of mididings http://das.nasophon.de/mididings/ the
author claims that this software is working with python3.
("Dependencies: Python >= 2.5 (also works with 3.x) […]")

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/mididings

Don't know, why they took it out of the repo, but they did.

Greets!
Mitsch