[LAU] Looking for a (fixed) filterbank plugin

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Thu Jul 1 16:06:11 CEST 2021

Jul 1 2021, robertlazarski has written:
> My Moog One
Wow! Can I spend my holidays at yours? :) It's a lovely beast and two
filters with different routing possibilities are adequate for many vowel
sounds.
> You can read more about Formant synthesis here:
>
> https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/formant-synthesis
I am perfectly aware of the intricacies of formant synthesis and
creation from a synthesis and physiological perspective and have even
created a simple morphoing formant filter in Csound. It is a fascinating
field.
But in this instant I was looking for a simple solution that would run
immediately in my DAW, so as to minimise the breakage of flow. And I'm
not really looking for a formant effect.

Temporarily, I have found an acceptable sound alike using a phaser
without modulation, being a not entirely dissimilar mechanism.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

I used to think