[LAU] Face or person tracking with a camera

Bengt Gördén bengan at bag.org
Thu Jul 1 23:06:07 CEST 2021

On 2021-07-01 20:26, Jeanette C. wrote:
> Hey hey,
> I am sorry if this seems very off-topic. But I thought that there might be
> performers here who could be experienced with this.
>
> A friend of mine is looking for a simple way to track herself with a camera for
> lessons. I have seen that there are gadgets which can recognise a face and so
> track a person with a camera. Having no experience with that, at all, myself, I
> thought it best to find knowledgeable advice.
>
> I think she will use a mac environment. I don't know how many things - you might
> know about - are cross platform or stand alone, though a Raspberry Pi in support
> of her work could be quite feasible.

I did some research into ball tracking for sports just before the pandemic and
ran across some motorized face tracking cameras with PTZ (pan,tilt,zoom). Don't
know the quality of them though.

I would go to Amazon and search for:
face+tracking+webcam
face+tracking+gimbal
face+tracking+phone+tripod
or similar

Not that I have tested "OBSBOT Tiny AI Webcam" but it looks cool. About $200 on
Amazon.

I also found a nice project with RPi. But I needed something more ready made.
Anyway, here it is.
https://opensource.com/article/20/1/object-tracking-camera-raspberry-pi

Fun video that should keep me from doing the sports project.
"A.I Camera Follows Bald Linesman Instead a Ball"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfOJhxm3M8U

Cheers,

--
/bengan