[LAU] Face or person tracking with a camera

Brandon Hale bthaleproductions at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 17:54:47 CEST 2021

Hey Jeanette,

Have you checked out openpose? I think it is only a Linux thing, but I
used it at work and it tracks full body with a standard camera.

Also, another thing that your friend might look into is using the
Microsoft Kinect. The Kinect has tracking built in that you can access
with software. Both the Kinect and Kinect 2 have these kinds of
features. You have to get an adapter to plug it into a standard usb
port. I've played with this a tiny bit for a class I took, but I had
friends who got it to work pretty well for the body.

These two would be for body tracking, not necessarily face tracking.

I hope some of this helps,

Brandon Hale