[LAU] [music] change ()re-recording my 17-year-old self)

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Mar 9 06:53:47 CET 2021

On 3/7/21 10:33 AM, Jeanette C. wrote:
> Hey hey,
> I did write and record change when I was about 17 or 18 and wanted to
> re-record it for a while now:
> https://youtu.be/PdfHxBbaYJk
> And for OGG download:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/mq907ur41i5cwj5/change.ogg
>
> The lyrics had to be rewritten entirely, though kept in the same
> style, register and intention of the original. The main sound was a
> Roland JV_1080 patch called Raggatronic. I still have that patch, but
> in this recording I used a copy I made on another virtual analogue synth.
>
> Another change is the Yoshimi choir, which I certainly didn't have. It
> used to be another Roland sound from an expansion board, which I don't
> have. I first though of mixing other choir sounds on that module, but
> then layered the Yoshimi choir with another hardware instrument. It's
> a beautiful synth choir, with or without the other hardware layer!
> Thanks Will!
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Jeanette

It sounds to me like something other artists would pay you for the right
to cover it. For me, the bass kind of held it together.

I have an old recording of songs I wrote at that age. Not much like
yours! Fortunately for the world, they're trapped on an old 1/4" tape
cassette.

--
David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community
http://dancingtreefrog.com
"My password is the last 8 digits of π."