[LAU] [music] Welcome to Neptune (3d binaural soundscape/scene)

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Sun Mar 21 19:32:02 CET 2021

Hey hey,
I have just released this piece (best listened to on headphones):
https://youtu.be/U6GKSp1_vT8

It's a virtual journey from free space through the layers of Neptune's
atmosphere down to the planet's core. All sounds are synthesized, but based on
audio recordings from NASA's Voyager II when it had passed the planet. These
would be audio representations of different instruments aboard the space
probe. The text is an impression or short fragment that I had written down on
some journey, not to Neptune though. :)

The image is also synthesized, though not with Csound but with POV-Ray.

Feedback is welcome, I hope you enjoy it.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

You should never try to change me