[LAU] consolidating a firewire sound card with my other existing pci (alsa) soundcards

Athanasios Silis athanasios.silis at gmail.com
Sun May 2 10:38:56 CEST 2021

Hi there,
Thank you for the information. Yes synchronisation is always an issue and
perhaps I framed the question inadequately, but what I am after is not
complete synchronisation but rather to utilise the analog ins and outs of
this additional soundcard too.

So I am not after 0ms latency per se, but rather something in the order
<12msec. This has been possible across soundcards using the alsa driver, so
I assume it is not out of place to aim for it now too. Perhaps this is not
possible across different jack backend which is why I ask for the various
setup possibilities.

The easiest for me would be to use the saffireLE through the alsa driver,
but that only exposes 1 single stereo playback stream. I want all 3. So
what do I have?

Thanks,
Nass