[LAU] Installer Script for cm-incudine on Arch Linux-based Distros

Mario Lang mlang at blind.guru
Tue May 4 14:51:54 CEST 2021

Hi.

This sparked my interest, as I have missed that CM has gained RT
capabilities.  As a non-GUI person, I played with
Csound (early 90s),
CM (around 2000) and
SC (from 2003 onwards).
Would you mind giving a short comparison of cm-incudine compared to SC?
Or, if you have no SC experience, could you highlight what you
particularily like about cm-incudine?
I ask because I speak Lisp fluently, so CM is still an interesting
option for me.  I just left it behind since SC offered a much more
interesting RT experience, and the custom language feels pretty
concise.  The last point is probably a strength and a weakness.  sclang
is a nice language, but it is also unique, which means almost no library
reuse from other coders not involved in sound synthesis.

BTW, there is also cl-collider, which I recently discovered any played
with a little.  I guess that is the main reason why I find it
interesting to re-evaluate CM.

Brandon Hale <bthaleproductions at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> Have you ever wanted to use cm-incudine, but felt like it was too hard
> or too much work to install on your Arch Linux-based distro? Now you
> can install it with
> https://github.com/brandflake11/install-cm-incudine
> <https://github.com/brandflake11/install-cm-incudine>. This script
> will take you from zero to hero, installing emacs, slime, quicklisp,
> and all of the dependencies needed for cm-incudine.
>
> Hopefully this helps you install cm-incudine if you've ever been
> interested, but couldn't figure out all of the smaller bits. Feedback
> is welcome!
>
> Thank you very much for your time,
>
> Brandon Hale

CYa,