[LAU] Fwd: The audacity of Audacity: Telemetry / Google Analytics added

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Sat May 8 19:08:00 CEST 2021

On Sat, 8 May 2021 12:28:44 -0400
Kevin Cole <dc.loco at gmail.com> wrote:

>'A massive middle finger': Open-source audio fans up in arms after
>Audacity opts to add telemetry capture
>
>Move comes days after firm acquired by Muse Group
>
>https://www.theregister.com/2021/05/07/audacity_telemetry/
>
>The article notes that it's actually an "opt in" but cautions that
>users might mistakenly do so.

Indeed. Not good news. It's been widely reported. I first saw this on 'The
Register'. People are just unhappy about the telemetry, but absolutely furious
about the two third parties involved. I've used Audacity for years for simple
top-and-tailing. I won't be doing so any more.

--
Will J Godfrey
https://willgodfrey.bandcamp.com/