[LAU] Choirless - a new low-latency AI remote music collaboration platform

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Tue May 11 16:36:59 CEST 2021

"Chris Caudle" <6807.chris at pop.powweb.com> writes:

> On Tue, May 11, 2021 9:04 am, Robert Jonsson wrote:
>> Let me just chime in that there are others, including at least one
>> open source solution.
>
> I just saw that in the upcoming Spring Audio Engineering Society
> conference there is a presentation titled "A complete guide to Networked
> Music Performance using free and open-source software"
>
> The presentation is Friday 28 May at 1:15PM-2:00PM CEST.
> I believe this link should go to the page for that presentation:
> https://aesshowspring2021.sched.com/event/j83Y?iframe=no
> I am not sure if you have to be a member of the AES to attend or not.
> Probably not, but there may be a cost difference for registration for
> members vs. non-members.
>
> The description of the presentation is:
>
> This workshop will review a thorough representation of the currently
> active open source and freely available software projects that allow for
> networked music performance. Even prior to the pandemic,  the development
> of tools that meet the requirements of performing music together online
> were growing in number; since the last year, we have seen new tools and
> existing ones have become more sophisticated and powerful, as a
> unprecedented level of attention is paid to their use and application by
> those musicians and music groups who traditionally work together offline.

Let me point out to the Youtube version of my talk about Jamulus on the
Chemnitzer Linuxtage this year.  You can get autogenerated subtitles (I
think I hand-entered perhaps a third before I got tired, so the start
should be better quality) and enable translations from the original
German into English.

And all of the samples in the video were generated using Jamulus (don't
let yourself get confused by the videos: I asked everybody to visually
record themselves, but the audio is what we produced live through
Jamulus).

<https://youtu.be/Vn1f70IH-Es>

If you can do without the subtitles and translations, the original talk
site would be
<https://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/2021/de/programm/beitrag/120> where
the prerecorded video is also followed by a discussion (in German) and
the lecture materials (slides in, you guessed it, German) are available.

--
David Kastrup