[LAU] Audio-Video desktop recording

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Tue May 11 20:04:53 CEST 2021

"Chris Caudle" <6807.chris at pop.powweb.com> writes:

> On Tue, May 11, 2021 12:32 pm, Will Godfrey wrote:
>> Can anyone make suggestions.
>
> Not from personal experience, but I asked my son and he also recommended OBS.
> It is possible that is the only reasonable choice in the Fedora
> repositories, don't take that recommendation to mean he did any kind of
> comprehensive evaluation.
> https://obsproject.com/

One advantage is that you see what you are doing.  I did desktop
recording with vokoscreen for some demo, where I put all the stuff I
wanted to demonstrate on an external screen while calling applications
and juggling the command line from my laptop screen.

Guess which screen ended up being in the (not easily repeatable)
recording...

--
David Kastrup