[LAU] Audio-Video desktop recording

Louigi Verona louigi.verona at gmail.com
Tue May 11 21:57:05 CEST 2021

There are only two video editors on Linux that I would recommend.

1. Blender.
Rock solid. Bespoke UI, but many good tutorials on YouTube. For instance,
this playlist
<https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjyuVPBuorqIhlqZtoIvnAVQ3x18sNev4>.
I have edited dozens of videos with Blender.

2. Olive.
I haven't worked with it, but unfa uses it as his main editor. It seems to
be a very promising project. According to unfa, it does crash from time to
time, but not too much. Definitely, not on the OpenShot level. So, should
be safe.

The rest I was never able to use. I hear relatively good things about
KDEnlive, but it never worked for me. Openshot 2 I consider almost a
literal open source scam ("award winning" software where I am yet to be
able to even import a video without it either crashing or freezing, tested
on 4 different laptops, across three versions of Ubuntu).

I am surprised to see several people mention Shotcut. Last time I tried it
was either 2017 or 2018 - and it was unusable. After all, it is the UI over
the same library that Openshot 1 used. But hey - maybe it improved.

Louigi Verona
https://louigiverona.com/