[LAU] can jackd or ardour be forced to use interleaved mode?

Chris Caudle 6807.chris at pop.powweb.com
Sat May 15 21:28:58 CEST 2021

On Sat, May 15, 2021 1:42 pm, Chris Caudle wrote:
> $ cat /proc/asound/card4/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params
> access: RW_INTERLEAVED
> format: S16_LE
> subformat: STD
> channels: 2
> rate: 48000 (48000/1)
> period_size: 48
> buffer_size: 24576

I did get jackd to start with a 48 sample buffer size (I thought I had
tried that before and it dropped to 32).  I set the number of periods to
32 or 64, but neither of those settings worked, Ardour connected to jackd
without complaining, but when I played a project jackd had this repeating
on the console:

JackEngine::XRun: client = ardour was not finished, state = Triggered
JackAudioDriver::ProcessGraphAsyncMaster: Process error
JackEngine::XRun: client = ardour was not finished, state = Running
JackAudioDriver::ProcessGraphAsyncMaster: Process error
JackEngine::XRun: client = ardour was not finished, state = Running
JackAudioDriver::ProcessGraphAsyncMaster: Process error
JackEngine::XRun: client = ardour was not finished, state = Running
JackAudioDriver::ProcessGraphAsyncMaster: Process error
JackEngine::XRun: client = ardour was not finished, state = Running

No better results trying to use the Ardour ALSA backend, but that only
allows choosing 32 or 64 for period size, it will not allow configuring
for 48.

--
Chris Caudle