[LAU] can jackd or ardour be forced to use interleaved mode?

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Sun May 16 20:00:30 CEST 2021

On 5/15/21 9:28 PM, Chris Caudle wrote:
> No better results trying to use the Ardour ALSA backend, but that only
> allows choosing 32 or 64 for period size,

Try ardour/git that allows for non power of two buffers. or more
specifically the ALSA backend explicitly offers millisecond buffer-sizes
for devices that require it e.g. recent HDA Intel via SOF (Sound Open
Firmware).

Also as of yesterday's git, today's nightly.ardour.org build

  ARDOUR_ALSA_DEBUG=1024 Ardour6

will first try to use interleaved access and then fall back to
non-interleaved instead of the other way around.

--
robin

PS. With a HDA Intel card here all I/O is MMAP interleaved. The device
returns an error when trying to configure it with
SND_PCM_ACCESS_MMAP_NONINTERLEAVED.