[LAU] List of FOSS Sampled Instrument Libraries for musicians - Hand selected and curated

Roberto roberto at zenvoid.org
Fri May 28 01:20:03 CEST 2021

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 04:03:03PM -0600, Paul Davis wrote:
> You;ve also skipped all of the libraries on pianobook.co.uk that are in
> DecentSampler format, and can thus be played in either DecentSampler
> (gratis, non-libre) or sfizz (gratis & libre)

I think that they were excluded on purpose by the author. Those samples
are free to use within your own compositions, but the samples themselves
are not free (as in the free software / open source meaning):

https://www.pianobook.co.uk/terms-conditions/

"You may not sell sample(s), or give away any sample(s) for use by any
other person(s)."

The FreePats project can't redistribute them, for the same reason :(