[LAU] [Music] The queen's fugue

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Wed Nov 3 07:51:30 CET 2021

Nov 3 2021, Brandon Hale has written:

> I love fugues. I really think it is interesting that the fugue has
> slight tempo variations. Is that written in your fugue's main subject?
No, I just wrote a tempo curve afterwards, going with my intuition for
drama. :)
> 2:13 has some interesting stereo phasing too which I thought was really
> cool. What was that?
It's the Calf stereo phaser. I love that phaser a lot, but have rarely
used it in such an obvious way. I did use it in the same way and after
the same accelerando in "The queen is dead", just before the grand
finale.

> Thanks for sharing this, fugues rock really hard.
Thanks, Brandon!

Best wishes,

Jeanette