[LAU] The Story of the Tribes

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Mon Oct 11 16:09:53 CEST 2021

On Sun, 10 Oct 2021 20:51:25 +0200 (CEST)
"Jeanette C." <julien at mail.upb.de> wrote:

>Oct 10 2021, Will Godfrey has written:
>> https://willgodfrey.bandcamp.com/album/the-story-of-the-tribes
>It was well worth the wait. This is a great opus! I love the cinematic
>atmosphere, the big sound canvas. Bring them home is simply epic. I may
>have loved a little more bass and the hat is a touch too loud, those are
>minor details though. This is just BIG!
>Curators of the stone again is a new sound. I was intrigued and
>surprised by it.
>
>I think I preferred the lead in one of the early version of "in search
>of the lost tribe", though thematically this seems much more apt,
>evoking some kind of real acoustic flute.
>
>Thanks for sharing this! I'm glad you didn't lose heart and go through
>with it.
>
>Best wishes,
>
>Jeanny

Thanks a lot for that Jeanny. Most encouraging :)
The 'search' track predates the story itself (and in fact inspired it) but once
the other parts started to come together that lead sound just didn't fit. When
I changed it I also realised that having had such a broad spectrum it was
masking some of the other sounds.

'curators' was actually the last part I completed and proved to be by far the
hardest.

It's very difficult for me to get the HF sounds correct these days. My hearing
is significantly fading from about 8-9kHz so I have to use a graphical display
to assist.

Will.

--
Will J Godfrey