[LAU] Yoshimi crashing on startup

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Sat Oct 16 12:33:38 CEST 2021

On Fri, 15 Oct 2021 17:31:17 +0200 (CEST)
"Jeanette C." <julien at mail.upb.de> wrote:

>Funny, it only works when I (re)move both .local/share/yoshimi and
>.config/yoshimi .
>
>It seems that I have to remove .config/yoshimi/yoshimi.history and
>.local/share/yoshimi/recent for it to work. I will mail those to you
>privately.
>
>Best wishes and many thanks,

Very strange. Using these here (slightly modified to allow for different files)
has no problems on three quite different machines Ryzen 5, Intel Pentium - both
on devuan, ancient eeepc 901 - older debian :(

However, the latest 'master' has an extra check to ensure no attempt can be made
to read a non-existent history entry.

Incidentally, when you have:
 .local/share/yoshimi/recent

then:
 .config/yoshimi/yoshimi.history

can be permanently removed. It is the older version before we went fully XDG
compliant, so is only read if the new one does not exist.

--
Will J Godfrey
https://willgodfrey.bandcamp.com/