[LAU] [semi-OT] acoustic Instrument question

Arve Barsnes arve.barsnes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 06:56:20 CEST 2021

On Mon, 20 Sept 2021 at 22:59, Jeanette C. <julien at mail.upb.de> wrote:
> Hey hey,
> I'm looking for the name to an instrument. I had a feeling I was looking for a
> whirly tube (or corrugaphone), but apparently not. I'm looking for the sound
> in this song:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-jYpFa3Ppk
> audible between 22-27 seconds. It sounds like a whispering diggeridoo or jaw
> harp. I thought a corrugated tube could produce this sound when whilred, but
> all demos I heard of this were much higher and much more pronounced in clear
> pitch.
> I'd be very grateful if someone could give me a clue or pointer of how to
> continue the search at least.

My mind actually went to a nylon string acoustic guitar. You get
something like that sound when pick scraping the lowest strings. I
might be zoning in on the wrong sound though.


More information about the Linux-audio-user mailing list