[LAU] [semi-OT] acoustic Instrument question

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Mon Sep 20 22:58:51 CEST 2021

Hey hey,
I'm looking for the name to an instrument. I had a feeling I was looking for a 
whirly tube (or corrugaphone), but apparently not. I'm looking for the sound 
in this song:
audible between 22-27 seconds. It sounds like a whispering diggeridoo or jaw 
harp. I thought a corrugated tube could produce this sound when whilred, but 
all demos I heard of this were much higher and much more pronounced in clear 

I'd be very grateful if someone could give me a clue or pointer of how to 
continue the search at least.

Best whishes,


  * Website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound
  * Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMS4rfGrTwz8W7jhC1Jnv7g
  * Audiobombs: https://www.audiobombs.com/users/jeanette_c
  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

Don't, don't let me be the last to know
Don't hold back, just let it go <3
(Britney Spears)

More information about the Linux-audio-user mailing list