[LAU] OT java question

Chris Caudle 6807.chris at pop.powweb.com
Mon Aug 1 18:29:36 CEST 2022

I am attempting to build the latest code from the Edisyn project, a
cross-platform synth patch editor in java.
https://github.com/eclab/edisyn

I am not familiar with java, and need help interpreting what this error
message implies is missing when building on linux:

adding: META-INF/maven/uk.co.xfactory-librarians/(in = 0) (out= 0)(stored 0%)
adding: META-INF/maven/uk.co.xfactory-librarians/coremidi4j/(in = 0) (out=
0)(stored 0%)
adding:
META-INF/maven/uk.co.xfactory-librarians/coremidi4j/pom.properties(in =
99) (out= 94)(deflated 5%)
adding: META-INF/maven/uk.co.xfactory-librarians/coremidi4j/pom.xml(in =
9447) (out= 1866)(deflated 80%)
adding: META-INF/services/(in = 0) (out= 0)(stored 0%)
adding: META-INF/services/javax.sound.midi.spi.MidiDeviceProvider(in = 59)
(out= 57)(deflated 3%)
java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /tmp/edisyn.jar18028387212799341374.jar
-> install/edisyn.jar
        at
java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:92)
        at
java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:106)
        at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixCopyFile.move(UnixCopyFile.java:477)
        at
java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.move(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:266)
        at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.move(Files.java:1432)
        at jdk.jartool/sun.tools.jar.Main.validateAndClose(Main.java:463)
        at jdk.jartool/sun.tools.jar.Main.run(Main.java:330)
        at jdk.jartool/sun.tools.jar.Main.main(Main.java:1683)
make: *** [Makefile:24: jar] Error 1

My best guess is that there is an optional package involving Unix-style
system specific functions for file handling exceptions, but I searched my
distribution repositories (Fedora) for "java" then grepped "nio" "file"
"exception" and "unix" but only found asynchronous network IO packages,
nothing that looked like a package providing the file exception functions
that seem to be missing.
Either I am missing some name in the error messages and not searching for
the right package, or something else is going on and I completely
misinterpreted the error messages.

Using the Java 17 JDK (latest LTS release,
java-17-openjdk-17.0.4.0.8-1.fc36) and the git head from Edisyn downloaded
today (1 Aug).

Anyone else have experience with either building this package, or similar
Java error messages and could point me in the right direction?

--
Chris Caudle