[LAU] OT java question

Arve Barsnes arve.barsnes at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 10:26:26 CEST 2022

On Wed, 3 Aug 2022 at 23:56, Chris Caudle <6807.chris at pop.powweb.com> wrote:
> java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /tmp/edisyn.jar18028387212799341374.jar
> -> install/edisyn.jar
>         at
> java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:92)
>         at
> java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:106)
>         at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixCopyFile.move(UnixCopyFile.java:477)
>         at
> java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.move(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:266)

There was/is a bug in later versions of the nio package that we had to
program around, where the function for creating a temp file changed
slightly how it works. Not sure if that is what's happening here, but
it seems eerily familiar. You would also get this type of exception if
you didn't have the rights to write to the file area it tried to use,
but it would be weird if you didn't have that option for /tmp ?

Not really much help right now. Maybe try an older JDK 11?

Regards,
Arve