[LAU] Any 'transport aware' jack-play alternatives?

John Murphy rosegardener at freeode.co.uk
Thu Feb 3 15:11:15 CET 2022

On Thu, 3 Feb 2022 07:20:21 -0600 Chris Caudle wrote:
> On Thu, February 3, 2022 5:16 am, John Murphy wrote:
> > it looks like there's a more recent version of jack-play, renamed as
> > rju-play and the whole jack-tools collection is similarly renamed
> > since April 2021. https://gitlab.com/rd--/rju
>
> That appears to be a fork.  My first instinct is that the effort would
> have been more usefully applied helping falktx with maintenance and
> cleanup of the existing jack code, but I don't know the history of the
> fork.

I've just been down a rabbit hole trying to install it (the whole of
'jackd utilities'). Stuck (after making the required vst3sdk) at:

fatal error: pluginterfaces/vst2.x/aeffectx.h: No such file or directory

I even managed to find that file online and put it where it looks for it,
but no 'joy'.

The jack-play there looks like it's from "November 2003" anyway.

It works correctly for Wim Taymans though, so I remain puzzled.
Even tried a different interface (Topping TP30).

and the jack-play I have doesn't understand --version

--
John.