[LAU] [music] The things (remix)

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Mon Jan 24 14:28:25 CET 2022

Hey hey,
last year a few European organisations for the blind held the ILSC
(International Low-vision Song Contest), which sounds very similar to another
competition, whilst offering a much wider variety of songs on a much smaller
stage. :) The winner of the German contest, now opened a remix competition on
his song. The voting for that competition is now open. With only 11
submissions the results are easily seen at a glance. I think that mine is the
only Linux made entry. I'd be very grateful if you had a look and maybe vote,
preferrably for me, :) but I think all votes will show interest and
appreciation.

Here's the youtube playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwTnRrS-5Cu0feNn4LTXgmNkn8v1xrkn_

And here the site to vote:
https://strawpoll.com/d8obcb3uo

Several votes are possible, voting is open until Friday, I think.

In my version I used Midish for sequencing and working out a few of the
harmonies from the original piano MIDI. Nama for recording, processing, mixing
and mastering.

LinuxSampler for drums, basses, piano, tron, harpsichord and guitar. setBfree
for the organ and two hardware synth for the monophonic lead parts.

Plugiins involved were: Zita-Reverb, g2reverb, CAPS Plate 2X2, 4-band
parametric filter, further CAPS, TAP, Calf and Invada plugins and even Barry's
Satan Maximizer for some effect. :)

Share and enjoy!

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

I know you're out there and I know that you still care <3
(Britney Spears)