[LAU] [music] The things (remix)

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Jan 25 07:43:21 CET 2022

On 1/24/22 03:28, Jeanette C. wrote:
> Hey hey,
> last year a few European organisations for the blind held the ILSC
> (International Low-vision Song Contest), which sounds very similar to
> another competition, whilst offering a much wider variety of songs on
> a much smaller stage. :) The winner of the German contest, now opened
> a remix competition on his song. The voting for that competition is
> now open. With only 11 submissions the results are easily seen at a
> glance. I think that mine is the only Linux made entry. I'd be very
> grateful if you had a look and maybe vote, preferrably for me, :) but
> I think all votes will show interest and appreciation.
>
> Here's the youtube playlist:
> https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwTnRrS-5Cu0feNn4LTXgmNkn8v1xrkn_
>
> And here the site to vote:
> https://strawpoll.com/d8obcb3uo
>
> Several votes are possible, voting is open until Friday, I think.
>
> In my version I used Midish for sequencing and working out a few of
> the harmonies from the original piano MIDI. Nama for recording,
> processing, mixing and mastering.
>
> LinuxSampler for drums, basses, piano, tron, harpsichord and guitar.
> setBfree for the organ and two hardware synth for the monophonic lead
> parts.
>
> Plugiins involved were: Zita-Reverb, g2reverb, CAPS Plate 2X2, 4-band
> parametric filter, further CAPS, TAP, Calf and Invada plugins and even
> Barry's Satan Maximizer for some effect. :)
>
> Share and enjoy!
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Jeanette

Interesting. Went to download the playlist, the first 12 videos had been
removed by the original poster.

Also found a video of Benjamin Michael's original just to see where you
all started.

Anyway, will give the ones I got a listen (including yours) and vote!

--
David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community
http://dancingtreefrog.com
"My password is the last 8 digits of π."