[LAU] Connect pipewire to running JACK server

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Tue Jan 25 23:20:59 CET 2022

Hey hey,
this is only tangential to the other big pipewire thread.

I wish to run pipewire on top of my running jack server as a replacement for
pulseaudio, since that somehow stopped working and now I have no speech output
from the desktop/Orca.

I read that one has to change alsa-monitor.conf for the media session manager.
Changing:
alsa.jack-device = false
alsa.jack-device = true

Which I did, but the next step of using pw-cli to connect or enable it is
unclear to me.

I will need a commandline way of achieving this.

At the moment pipewire is still using ALSA and that means the built-in
soundcard which has no connections.

Has someone here managed this?

Best wishes and thanks,

Jeanette