[LAU] Connect pipewire to running JACK server

Filipe Coelho falktx at falktx.com
Thu Jan 27 11:21:34 CET 2022

On 27/01/22 07:31, liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com wrote:
> Just try and get any help from the Jack developers and you will
> quickly see why Pipewire is the future.
> Go to Jack UG and you have to take some shampoo and Conditioner with.

With all due respect, JACK development is 100% on volunteer basis, done
after work and other things, basically just keeping JACK itself alive.
The jack-example-tools work an initial push from David (aka "dvzrv") as
needed by ArchLinux packaging, for something I asked help 1 and half
years ago. [1]
There is just no time to give support, whatever people are still hanging
around on community channels is all we have left.

PipeWire is a full-time job sponsored by Red Hat.

I do not think it is fair to compare the advancements, work and support
given to one vs the other.

[1]
https://jackaudio.org/news/2020/10/15/jack2-v1915-release-and-current-status.html