[LAU] Connect pipewire to running JACK server

Michael Jarosch riotsound at riotmusic.de
Sat Jan 29 00:46:38 CET 2022

Am 29.01.22 um 00:34 schrieb David Kastrup:
> Michael Jarosch <riotsound at riotmusic.de> writes:
>
>> Am 28.01.22 um 19:35 schrieb Paul Davis:
>>> thunderbird (aka "PCI.? bus on a cable") is presumably the right answer.
>> Has just a new interface saw the light which I haven't heard of, yet?
> Thunderbolt it is.
Okay, but is there already a running thunderbolt device on linux?

>> Sticking to the good old PCI-Clasic device, I wonder if pipewire does
>> work well with RME HDSP. Last time I tried, I wasn't lucky.
> Interesting since the RME HDSP is probably one of the best
> ALSA-supported devices ever.
That's the thing I wanted to hear… :)
Maybe I misconfigured pw or it got confused by several tweaks I did to
my system, the last time…
I did a fresh debian testing install. Initializing pw should be much
easier, now, with the new system.