[LAU] Multichannel analog I/O audio interface: experiences and tips

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Tue Jun 14 16:09:12 CEST 2022

Hi list,

* Brandon Hale <bthaleproductions at gmail.com> [2022-06-14 15:24]:
[...]
> Now for the downside: it has its own proprietary software that doesn't exist
> on Linux for digital processing and mixing. Basically, the interface has its
> own mixing utility that also allows one to apply limited dsp effects and
> mix/route audio. If you wanted to stay solely on Linux, this cannot be used.

That's the case with many USB audio interfaces in fact. I amquite
stubborn in this regard and don't want to pay for features that I will
not be able to use (especially sever with current RME devices). It is
hard to find multichannel class-compliant USB interfaces that don't
require some proprietary program. The Behringer umc1820 seems to be one.

Anyone knows other such interfaces?

best, P