[LAU] Multichannel analog I/O audio interface: experiences and tips

Anders Hellquist lau at hellquist.net
Tue Jun 14 17:26:04 CEST 2022

Motu AVB Interface are class complaint and can be managed over ethernet,
has onboard mixer for local channels as well as AVB streams.

In theory, an optimal solution that can scale up to hundreds of channels as
well as hundreds of meters.. but in practice, not so.

The USB implementation is buggy and to get it nice and stable, you need a
very old firmware (which doesn't always work on newer revisions) or a
kernel patch.

I have 3 Motu AVB devices but I cannot recommend them for linux usage.