[LAU] How to troubleshoot a zita-njbridge connection

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Wed Nov 16 10:50:36 CET 2022

On Wed, Nov 16, 2022 at 08:56:17AM +0100, Giso Grimm wrote:

> On 16.11.22 00:24, Caelia Chapin wrote:
>
> > So, I am having an issue with zita-j2n ...
> >
> >      Fatal error condition, terminating.
>
> As far as I understand the code, the only condition when this can occur in
> zita-j2n is when the jack buffer size changes, when the transmit network
> queue is full, or when the jack server is shutting down.

Correct, and probably the first and last can be excluded.

The queue that links the Jack callback to the network sender thread
is dimensioned to hold at least 1/4 second of audio. So apparently
something is blocking transmission for that time.

Since the end-to-end latency in normal operation will be much less,
there is no point in increasing this time - even with 1/4 second the
receiver will have missing packets and insert silence welll before
the sender detects the problem.

I'd try bypassing the router, using a direct connection from sender
to receiver.

--
FA