[LAU] [Music] Easy

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Oct 5 02:45:31 CEST 2022

Hey, Holger!

On 10/4/22 12:50, Jeanette C. wrote:
> Hi Holger,
> Oct 4 2022, Holger Dehnhardt has written:
>> https://holgerdehnhardt.bandcamp.com/releases
> thanks for sharing this album. The heavy, dragging tones underlying
> almost every piece were a pleasure to listen to. I think my favourite is
> all of a sudden, which to me carries Russian melancholia as prominent in
> early 20th century composers such as Rachmaninov.
>
> It's a pity that you always mixed your voice so quietly. Especially the
> polyphonic parts are very well done and open up the songs.
>
> The sound design is very consistent. do I detect some leaning towards
> late 70s and 80s synth schools, like Kraftwerk? Your vocals are
> reminiscent of Kraftwerk. I hope you'll take that as a compliment.
>
> All in all, a frefreshingly depressive experience, if a little too heavy
> handed in some of the arragements for my taste, but that is taste not
> objective criticism.
>
> Thanks again and don't be a stranger! :)
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Jeanette

Guess I must be weird, but it didn't seem depressing to me. Maybe I just
like that style of music? I do really like Kraftwerk. Nowhere near as
melancholic as Rachmaninoff!

I have a couple of songs in my collection from a Russian band called
AcousticBoot. The text in their band information in the old MPS3 is in
some character set my system can't display! Band name "Àêóñòè÷åñêèå
Áîòèíêè" and a song title "Êîãäà ìû áûëè íà âîéíå (íàðîä)" ("When We
Were On War" according to the English filename). They're much gloomier
than yours!

How did you make the instrument sounds?

--
David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community
http://dancingtreefrog.com
"My password is the last 8 digits of π."