[LAU] Scriptable/programmable sonic visualiser

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Tue Sep 13 00:37:56 CEST 2022

Hey hey,
does anyone know of a sonic visualiser with a text-based programming language?
I'm not familiar with the territory at all. I'd like to create more
interesting visuals for my Youtube material. Since I'm (almost) blind, I'd
like to create visuals from the music itself, with a certain degree of
algorithmic magic, I suppose, but with some control through a simple,
dedicated programming interface. Think something like the Csound language or
POV-Ray. It could be based on pure audio or with additional support for MIDI.
If it's not too complicated and well-defined (well described) I'd be happy to
use something with no direct linkage to audio.

The languages and paradigms I know are c/c++, Csound, bash scripting, POV-Ray
and html. I would prefer something which is not a library in a programming
language, so I didn't have to write a whole program around it.

Given these rough ideas, does anything spring to mind? Graphic patterns as
such don't mean that much to me, since they'd mostly be to delicate to see for
me. I personally set a lot of stock by colours though.

Best wishes and thanks for any ideas,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

And I love the way with just one whisper
You tell me everything <3
(Britney Spears)