[linux-audio-user] SysEx from External Device

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Fri Feb 18 03:54:43 EST 2005

Steven Schmidt wrote:
> I want to get a sysex dump from my Korg Triton Rack.  I've tried some of
> the software out there but I seem to be lost about how to get the data.
> The Korg's midi out is connected to the Delta1010LT 's midi in.  What
> will the korg write the dump file to - /dev/midi0? /dev/amidi?

That depends on the card number (see /proc/asound/cards).  If it's the
first card, the OSS MIDI port would be /dev/midi00 and the ALSA MIDI
port would be hw:0.  See "amidi -l".

> Any tools recommended?

Sysexxer should work just fine, or you could use amidi (the manpage
has an example for a dump from a GS device).

> Does the Korg need a virtual device connected to the Delta to
> write to sysexxer or some midi filer program?

No.

HTH
Clemens