[LAU] muse registration fails

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Oct 22 14:00:19 UTC 2015

On 10/22/2015 12:58 AM, Brett McCoy wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 6:46 PM, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I find it amusing that Menno's email is classified by Gmail as spam:
>>
>>     *Why is this message in Spam?* It has a from address in yahoo.com but
>> has failed yahoo.com's required tests for authentication.
>>

> Gmail does that to a lot of Yahoo mail.

most likely this is yahoo's overly restrictive use of DMARC.

  http://wiki.list.org/DEV/DMARC

if this is the case, the fault is *entirely* on yahoo's side, and gmail
does the proper thing (as requested by yahoo).

mailman has options to handle such a situation (basically not using the
sender's address when re-sending on their behalf, but the list-address;
the good news is that mailman would do that *only* if required).

at least mailman-2.1.18 (haven't checked which version
lists.linuxaudio.org is running)

gfmards
IOhannes