search words for LAUD websites [wasRe: [Consortium] linux audio base djcj linux-sound apps and midi page etc...]

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Tue Feb 3 04:34:34 EST 2004

Chris Cannam wrote:
> On Monday 02 Feb 2004 2:02 am, Marek Peteraj wrote:
>
>>Linux Audio.
>>
>>You can't have a better promotion than having a domain name with
>>exactly that name - Linux Audio.
>

> Well, you see, I'm not so convinced that it is such an obvious name as
> you think.
>
> I think the apparent obviousness of it is a projection of the fact
> that as developers or engineers we mostly seem to think of what we do
> as "audio".  I'm not so sure that "audio" is going to be the obvious
> defining word to any user who is not an audio engineer by trade.

This is an important point. Over the past few years I have found the
words that are most used in searches for the lau-guide are music and
sound. Audio is up there though.

Eg. for January:

Top 20 of 1545 Total Search Strings # Hits Search String
1 149 6.02% linux audio
2 73 2.95% ardour
3 37 1.49% vst linux
4 25 1.01% linux sound howto
5 21 0.85% alsa howto
6 21 0.85% ardour tutorial
7 20 0.81% timidity linux
8 18 0.73% linux vst
9 17 0.69% timidity howto
10 15 0.61% timidity
11 14 0.57% linux sound faq
12 14 0.57% terminatorx linux
13 14 0.57% timidity.cfg
14 13 0.53% ardour howto
15 13 0.53% linux audio howto
16 13 0.53% linux sound
17 12 0.48% linux sound cards
18 11 0.44% foomatic-rip
19 11 0.44% linux audio users
20 11 0.44% toots

Interestingly djcj.org had 27900 visits in Jan and 26465 in Dec. Not bad
for a docs site. A Daily average of between 800 and 900.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
Http://www.boosthardware.com

Apparently upon the beginning of the barrage, the donkey broke
discipline and panicked, toppling the cart. At that point, the rockets
disconnected from the timer, leaving them strewn around the street.
Tethered to the now toppled cart, the donkey was unable to escape before
the arrival of U.S. troops.

United Press International
Rockets on donkeys hit major Baghdad sites

By P. MITCHELL PROTHERO
Published 11/21/2003 11:13 AM