[Consortium] Logo with text

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Sun Apr 23 09:15:35 EDT 2006

On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 04:32:07PM -0400, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

> I have serious reservations towards changing the logo font. I see the new
> logo complementing the old one, not entirely obliterating it, and quite
> frankly I do like the uniqueness of the font.

It's not like the logo font would be well established. Would be silly
to try with a freeware font, anyway. The a and g should make anyone
with an eye for typography cringe. You have to consider what the
font communicates. This one says linuxaudio.org is an unfinished hack,
imo, which might even be true now, but will not stay that way ;)
I like the friendly round dots and narrowness, though.

> 1) We need in effect 2 logos:
>
> a) One with tiny letters next or under the penguin--this one would be for
> links to our site
>
> b) One where the penguin we will put on our site to replace the current
> title

Sure. One after the other ;)

> 2) Hence, I consider this to be the proposal for the "B" logo. If this is
> so, I'd suggest that the penguin height is the same as the first letter
> ("L") of the text. I'd also add that tiny bit of ground under penguin's feet
> that in a grayscale fashion disappears by going rightwards somewhere right
> before the first letter of the text ("L") or right under it).*

Tried same height, dont' like it. But the ground-thing is a nice idea:

http://affenbande.org/~thorwil/wordpress/2006/04/23/linuxaudioorg-banner-2/

For small sizes, the penguin might actualy be better off without the
"soundwaves", but let's concentrate on the font, first.

Cheers,
Thorsten