Linuxaudio Documentation (Was Re: [Consortium] Re: Linuxaudio.org staff updates)

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Mon Dec 4 10:18:10 EST 2006

asnel at vt.edu wrote:
> I agree that the best thing to do is a wiki. I would suggest simply taking the
> existing wiki at http://lau.linuxaudio.org/faq/, and make the URL
> http://docs.linuxaudio.org The next step would be to convert the quicktoots and
> the other faq documents from http://lau.linuxaudio.org into pages on the wiki.
>
> I like the outline (http://towndowner.com/lao-outline.html) It's what I had in
> mind. Ico or one of my other teachers suggested that as I learn how to use and
> set up Linux I make notes to help other students if they became interested.
> I've made some of these notes, but they aren't in much shape to make sense to
> anybody but me, and are far from complete.
>
> Also, most of the questions and steps anyone could have about
> setting up these different things are available in different places throughout
> the internet. (like http://ubuntuguide.org and
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Sound) A lot of what we should be doing is
> compiling and codifying, not necessarily reinventing the wheel per se.
>
> I'll have some more time in the next month after finals next week, and i'd love
> to do
> some contributions to the docs.
> Ashton

You're welcome to contribute to the quicktoots but they are not being
converted or moved from their existing structure. They are static
documents that are designed for the express purpose of promoting Linux
Audio in a graphically heavy and edgy format, as much as possible, given
the time constraints of the contributing Authors and Editors.

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
Http://www.boosthardware.com