[Consortium] made in linux text

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Fri Dec 29 07:24:42 EST 2006

On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 10:25:56AM -0500, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

> In that respect I am fine with listing licenses under the titles. Although
> we still need the copyright statement at the bottom for Thorsten's work as
> well as for the Linuxaudio.org.

For all I know it isn't necessary to claim copyright at all (it used
to be in the US in the past). For myself, I only want credit, that's all.
But I'll try to make copy this and copy that fit.

I just copied the individual licenses from
http://linuxaudio.org/en/music/index.html

Are the Creative Commons ones without version number valid at all?
May I asume 1.0 where it's missing? Else the authors should be
contacted.

I think this chaos makes us look silly. Who even knows about a
Green or a Personal Music License? All rights reserved is a bit
strange for something everyone can downlaod from a website for
free. Now it's a given for this CD, but should be avoided for
the next.
There should be links for the licenses. Explanations in the
booklet, especialy if CDs are to be sold. For the next CD and a
limited set of licenses, that is ;)

--
Thorsten Wilms

Thorwil's Creature Illustrations: