[Consortium] Flagship Midas console runs Linux

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Thu Feb 7 10:12:23 EST 2008

On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 03:22:24PM +0100, Joern Nettingsmeier wrote:

> that's so great, for all i care they could be doing their dsp on NT5
> long as they don't tell anyone >:->

I think they have good reason for not telling anyone
what DSP technology they are actually using.

> jokes aside, it would be even greater if such a professional piece of
> gear was using the same infrastructure (generic CPUs and JACK) that we
> use in our daily work, but it's good news nonetheless. i wish midas lots
> of luck with their new product.

Would be difficult - you want extreme low latency, not just in the
DSP system but from the ins of the stage box to the outs.

Digico for example do all the basic mixing and routing in hardware.
Only the effects use the DSP engines.

> it does look cool. if you look closely
> at one of their photos, you'll see a window with "AUX 52" in red. wow :)

in red ? error ? :-)

> 52 auxes. does that get you as many chicks as the old midas behemoths
> with the VU meter bridge? ;)

:-)

--
FA