[Consortium] Made in Linux Vol.2

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Wed Feb 13 12:14:02 EST 2008

Greetings all,

Linuxaudio.org is looking into jumpstarting the "Made in Linux" CD series
and hopefully making it into an annual event. In order to make this a
reasonably realistic proposal, we are in a need of a dedicated volunteer (or
preferably 2) who will be willing to organize and maintain the initiative.
Namely:

1) ensure that the call is advertised as widely as possible
2) arrange for the cover design (Thorsten? :-)
3) recruit a jury who will judge submissions
4) oversee the judging process, and inform the participants of their
submission's acceptance and/or rejection
5) ensure that the licensing of the works is taken care of with selected
artists
6) assist the director in fund-raising for production of physical media for
the purpose of generating revenue for other initiatives and broadening
exposure among the general community (e.g. by disseminating collection among
libraries)

If interested please contact me off-list.

Many thanks!

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Director, Linuxaudio.org
Virginia Tech