[Consortium] audio friendly distro

Daniel James daniel at 64studio.com
Fri Sep 30 14:30:39 UTC 2011

Hi Bownie :-)

> all its possible sampling rates.
> Can anyone suggest a distro which is audio friendly that is alsa
> friendly.

Try our OpenDAW beta 1, it has some rough edges in the installer, but
has a solid Debian Squeeze base and 2.6.33-RT kernel:

http://pdk.64studio.com/projects/opendaw/squeeze/images/opendaw_4.0-beta1_amd64.iso

> I need something which will not be made obsolete

Squeeze has got at least another two years in it. Debian should last
indefinitely ;-)

> and some protection
> from the over zealous developers that want to make it more like windows.

I don't think the Debian project will follow all or most of Ubuntu's
recent design decisions. Even if they did, we have quite a lot of
flexibility about what packages to include in our own isos.

Cheers!

Daniel