[Jack-Devel] netJACK2 with two nodes

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Tue Aug 16 20:35:40 CEST 2016

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 03:14:13PM +0200, xan wrote:
> Am 15.08.2016 um 22:50 schrieb Fons Adriaensen:
> > Read the man page. The IP address for both j2n and n2j is that of
> > the destination. For the port you can use any value > 1000 that is
> > not in use, try e.g. 7000.
>
> I couldn`t find anything specific about ports in the man page,
> but I`m now using port 7000. Thanks for pointing me to it.
>
> The command runs without any output on the sender and the recevier
> sees the incoming packages and says: "Syncing... Recieving". However,
> the sound I`m playing on the sender end is not played back on the
> recievers end.

What do you mean by 'playing on the sender' ? I assume you are using
something that outputs via Jack. Then you have to connect it to j2n.

> Do I have to do some routing in something like qjackctl?

And on the receiving end you need to connect n2j, e.g. to the
soundcard.

> I tried this and that but couldn`t get it running. Is there
> a detailed step-by-step tutorial somewhere or can you help
> me please?

Do you mean you can't run qjackctl ? If not what happens if
you try running it ? How do you start Jack ? You really need
to provide more info if you want anyone to help... Without
that it's not possible.

Ciao,

--
FA