[Jack-Devel] stepping down

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Jan 31 22:24:59 CET 2016

On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 4:11 PM, Kjetil Matheussen <k.s.matheussen at gmail.com
> wrote:

> I think so too, but I meant to say that, as a user, I always start jackd
> first since I don't want
> to risk a client to start jackd in a way I don't feel sure about.

it starts it the way you started it last time!

> It would be better if this information was available in a function in
> libjack so that
> clients can show what's happening.

what information?

> Yes. First you imagine what would be perfect. Later we can worry about
> reality.

I don't anything perfect about jack_lsp popping up a GUI dialog to
configure a server. I don't see anything good about a careful constructed
GUI application having to deal with the reality of a new dialog being
created. this isn't even close to perfect.

what problem are you actually concerned with fixing? what users does it
affect? when?